Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 25 May 2016
Tonight and Thursday
Wind west 25 knots.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5830W to 5940N 5845W to 6050N 6020W to
6310N 5750W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 3 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5309W to 4345N 5000W to 4330N 4815W to 4400N 4500W to 4600N
3815W to 4715N 3815W to 5130N 4345W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5934W to Newfoundland near 4941N 5749W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 25 May 2016 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Newfoundland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: