Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 30 April 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots backing to northwest 20 Sunday morning.
A few flurries.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 6125N 6020W to 6355N 5755W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths of first-year ice including 1 tenth of
old ice in the extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4330N 4945W to 4330N 4745W to 4515N 4115W to 4630N
4030W to 4845N 4200W to 5000N 4300W to 5300N 4730W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 30 April 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 998 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 987 mb located east of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM NDT 30 April 2016 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: