Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 30 May 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 20 Tuesday morning except north 25 over southern sections Tuesday late in the day.
Flurries and showers ending Tuesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5830W to 5940N 5835W to 6040N 5935W to
6055N 5840W to 6250N 5745W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the
Bergy water except 4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4245N 4945W to 4245N 4815W to 4545N 3700W to 4730N
3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5808W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 30 May 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 996 mb located near Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 997 mb located near the Strait of
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough from low located over Lake Melville.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough from low located on a line
north-south over Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: