North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 28 April 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to southeast 30 this evening then diminishing to south 15 to 20 early Saturday morning. Wind veering to west 20 Saturday afternoon then increasing to northwest 30 Saturday evening.
Snow ending late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5700W to 4245N 5500W to 4230N 4900W to 4545N
4445W to 5000N 4600W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4737N 5916W to Quebec near 5015N 6314W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 28 April 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday ridge located east of the East Labrador
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 976 mb located southeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM NDT 28 April 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warning have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: