North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 26 May 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind south 20 knots increasing to west 30 this afternoon then diminishing to west 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday.
Snow beginning Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5030N 5330W to 5440N 5210W to 5605N 5655W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northern eastern and southwestern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4115N 5130W to 4115N 4930W to 4530N
3900W to 4700N 3845W to 5300N 4445W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 26 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located over the Mid Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located north of the Marine
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: