North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 AM NST 09 February 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming southeast 10 to 15 knots this evening then becoming variable 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 28 to minus 22 rising to minus 20 to minus 12 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4840N 5010W
to 5145N 4935W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice in the southern and northeastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 9 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4500N 4800W to 4515N 4645W to 4745N 4415W to 4845N
4415W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Feb estimated from Newfoundland
near 5040N 5725W to Quebec near 5120N 5800W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a
line northeast-southwest over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located south
At 9:30 a.m. NST today low located east of Cape Breton Island.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight dissipating low located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 AM NST 9 February 2016 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except those over the North Labrador
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: