North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 26 May 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind west 30 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 early Wednesday morning then becoming southeast 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Snow beginning Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5630N 5735W to 5705N 5720W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
5 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4115N 5130W to 4115N 4915W to 4545N 3815W to 4700N
3815W to 5000N 4130W to 5500N 4800W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 26 May 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located over the South Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the Northwest
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday dissipating trough located north of
the Marine District.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: