North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 22 June 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming southeast 15 near noon Friday then increasing to southeast 20 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 June 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5035N 5610W to 5030N
5335W to 4930N 5130W to Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5225N 5535W to 5240N
5310W to 5800N 5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 6 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 June 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4654N 5557W to 4430N 5545W to 4430N 5100W to 4515N 4700W to 4645N
4345W to 4800N 4345W to 5300N 4830W to 5700N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6255W to Anticosti Island near 4938N 6256W then from Anticosti
Island near 4904N 6214W to 4854N 6214W to Newfoundland near 4812N
Strait of Belle Isle
Belle Isle Bank
South Labrador Coast
South Labrador Sea
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 22 June 2017 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
Funk Island Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday trough located on a line east-west over
Belle Isle Bank.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday high located over the East Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: