North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 29 May 2016
Tonight and Monday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Monday afternoon.
A few flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2016 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5225N 5540W to 5250N 5405W to
5340N 5505W to 5440N 5255W to 5635N 5730W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
5 tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice in
the southern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4300N 4945W to 4300N 4815W to 4400N 4430W to 4545N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5822W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 29 May 2016 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today weakening ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday dissipating ridge located over northwestern
At 9:00 a.m. NDT Monday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low located over western Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday low located near Labrador.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: