North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 25 May 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots veering to north 20 to 25 this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind northwest 10 to 15 Friday.
Flurries ending this evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4835N 5135W
to 5110N 5400W to 5340N 5210W to 5450N 5205W to 5550N 5635W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5637W to 4415N 5600W to 4300N 5015W to 4300N 4800W to 4500N
4445W to 4600N 4445W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 6259W to Anticosti Island near 4943N 6300W and then from
Anticosti Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6145W to Newfoundland
near 4736N 5913W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 25 May 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating ridge located over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 1014 mb located over the North Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 1015 mb located over central Labrador
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: