Issued 07:00 PM MDT 29 August 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to north 15 near noon Sunday. Wind increasing to north 25 Sunday afternoon and to northwest 35 Sunday evening.
Chance of showers changing to periods of rain late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 August 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7040N 14100W to 7010N 13750W to 7045N
13640W to 7045N 13240W to 7120N 12705W to 7155N 12545W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7105N 12245W to
7110N 12025W to Victoria Island near 7135N 11900W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10255W to
6825N 10155W to King William Island near 6850N 9910W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Yukon CoastIssued 8:19 PM MDT 29 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 29 August 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday departing low 992 mb located at 71N 151W.
By 0000 UTC Monday trough from 980 mb low located from 63N 124W
to 73N 143W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: