Issued 07:00 AM MDT 26 September 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 25 near noon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 20 Wednesday morning and to southeast 25 Wednesday evening.
A few showers ending early Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 September 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7100N 14100W to 7035N 13900W to 7205N
12805W to Banks Island near 7420N 12440W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7150N 12025W to
Victoria Island near 7155N 11900W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10350W to
6820N 10135W to King William Island near 6855N 9925W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6915N 9600W
to Boothia Peninsula near 6950N 9600W. Sea ice northwest of the ice
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 25 September 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday building low 999 mb located at 80N 155W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 1002 mb located at 81N 128W.
At 1200 UTC Monday building high 1022 mb located over northern
By 1600 UTC Tuesday departing high 1026 mb located at 67N 120W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: