West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 21 January 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Wind east 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early this evening then diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
A few showers ending Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 January 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over northern BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low 984 mb located 240 miles
southwest of Cape St. James.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday approaching low 972 mb located 300 miles
west of Astoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM PST 21 January 2017 An area of low pressure off Bowie will gradually dissipate tonight.
A deeper and more intense low will take its place south of Explorer
on Sunday. Meanwhile, an Arctic ridge of high pressure remain
stationary over the Northern BC Interior.
Marginal gale force southeasterlies over parts of the southern and
central waters will diminish this evening as the first low weakens.
Gale to storm force easterlies will develop off the west coast of
Vancouver Island on Sunday ahead of the next low. Strong to gale
force northeast outflow winds will develop through the mainland
inlets tonight as the ridge builds and continue on Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: