West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 August 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind east 10 to 20 knots veering to south 10 to 20 this morning.
Periods of rain ending overnight. A few showers beginning Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 August 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over central Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM PDT 29 August 2016 A low will remain over Bowie region today through Tuesday. A front
over Queen Charlotte Sound will weaken today and will drift slowly
eastward to lie over Northern Vancouver Island by early this
Strong locally gale force southeasterlies east of the front ease to
moderate to strong southerlies to the west. Strong to gale force
easterly winds will persist near north of Haida Gwaii until mid
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: