West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly 15 knots diminishing to light early this afternoon then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this evening. Wind increasing to southerly 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind southwest 20 to 30 Tuesday.
Chance of showers this morning. Periods of rain beginning late this evening. Fog patches dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 September 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating low located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front from low located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located off Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located northwest of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:02 AM PDT 25 September 2017 A low pressure system over Haida Gwaii will weaken today. The
associated cold front will stall off the mainland coast in Hecate
Strait and stretch southward off the west side of Vancouver Island.
The front will gradually weaken by this evening. Strong to gale
Force southeasterlies ahead of the front shift to moderate
Westerlies behind it.
Another low pressure system will move into the Gulf of Alaska
tonight. This will spread strong to gale force south or
southwesterlies to northern waters on Tuesday. Generally light to
moderate winds are expected over southern waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: