West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 March 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 20 knots backing to easterly 10 to 20 early this afternoon then increasing to easterly 20 to 30 this evening. Wind veering to southerly 15 to 25 after midnight then increasing to northwest 25 to 35 near noon Friday.
Chance of showers changing to rain late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over southern Haida Gwaii.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing trough located over Hecate
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Thursday cold front located off Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Thursday cold front located on a line north-south
over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PDT 23 March 2017 A cold front will track across Explorer this morning then lie along
the coast stretched from Hecate Strait to Vancouver Island by this
evening. Ahead of the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop
over Explorer this morning then spread eastwards and become
widespread over most marine regions by this afternoon. Winds will
increase to storm force southeasterlies this afternoon over waters
just west of Vancouver Island as the front approaches. The winds
Will ease to marginal gale force southeasterlies tonight.
The low pressure centre associated with the cold front will slowly
drift from the offshore waters to Haida Gwaii Friday. The winds
Ahead of the low will be marginal gale force southeasterly winds.
The winds behind the low will shift to marginal gale force northwest
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: