West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 April 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 late overnight and to west 15 to 20 late Sunday morning. Wind backing to southwest 5 to 15 early Sunday evening.
Chance of showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 April 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 997 mb located over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating low 1008 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PDT 29 April 2017 A low over Haida Gwaii will move onto the North Coast overnight.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies over northern and central waters
will shift to gale force westerly in the wake of the low and diminish
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: