West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 27 August 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 this morning then becoming south 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 25 Sunday morning.
Periods of rain beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 August 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located west of the offshore
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 August 2016 A ridge of high pressure west of the offshore waters will gradually
weaken today. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds over most
waters will ease.
Later today, a low pressure system will slowly move into Bowie and
remain there through Sunday. An associated front will move onto
The central BC coast Sunday morning. Ahead of the front, strong to
gale force southeasterlies will develop and then shift to moderate to
strong southwesterlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: