West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 27 April 2017
Tonight and Friday
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light early Friday morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 early Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 April 2017 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located west of the
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Friday intensifying low 1002 mb located west
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday low 990 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 27 April 2017 A building ridge of high pressure offshore is causing strong
northwesterlies over the inner South Coast and the southern sections
of west coast Vancouver Island. Winds will ease Friday morning as
The ridge moves closer to Vancouver Island.
A developing low will move onto Bowie Friday night. Winds will
increase to gale to storm force southeast over the north and central
waters ahead of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: