West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 17 January 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots veering to southwesterly 25 to 35 early Wednesday morning then diminishing to west 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:37 PM PST 17 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 966 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located over the Alaska
At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over northern Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PST 17 January 2017 A low pressure centre over Bowie will slowly track northward and
reach the Alaska Panhandle Wednesday evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will continue tonight over
most waters. Winds will ease on Wednesday over the central and
northern waters as the low departs.
A trough of low pressure approaching Vancouver Island on Wednesday
morning will maintain gale to storm force southeasterly winds over
the southern waters. Winds over the southern waters will ease late
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: