West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 20 September 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 30 early this morning then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 20 September 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary trough located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 AM PDT 20 September 2017 A trough of low pressure over the South Coast will gradually weaken
today and tonight as a ridge of high pressure offshore builds towards
the North Coast.
Strong to gale force northwest winds over the offshore waters will
spread to northern and central waters this morning as the ridge
builds towards the coast.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hurricanes and Climate Change
Hurricanes and Climate Change, is there a link?
- Date modified: