West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 October 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to northeast 25 to 35 early Tuesday morning then veering to east 30 to 40 Tuesday afternoon.
Chance of showers changing to periods of rain early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 October 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 October 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 972 mb located over central Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 992 mb located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:31 PM PDT 24 October 2016 An intense 972 MB low over Central Explorer will track northward and
weaken to 992 MB by the time it reaches Southern Bowie Tuesday
Over southern waters gale to storm force southeast winds will ease to
strong to gale force southerlies on Tuesday. Winds will reach
hurricane force southeast near the headlands of Vancouver Island
tonight while strong to gale force southeasterlies will prevail over
the inner straits tonight and Tuesday.
Over central waters gale to storm force easterly winds will become
gale force southeast Tuesday morning while the far north will
experience strong northeast winds except gale force outflow near
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: