West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 August 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 20 knots increasing to south 20 to 30 early this evening and to southerly 35 after midnight. Wind diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 late Wednesday morning and to variable 5 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain. Risk of thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 August 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 998 mb located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday low 1008 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PDT 22 August 2017 A low approaching Bowie will bring strong to gale force southerlies
to Bowie this evening. These winds will advance towards the northern
waters overnight and Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: