West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 July 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 20 knots veering to northwest 15 Saturday morning then increasing to northwest 20 early Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 July 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south
over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PDT 29 July 2016 A nearly stationary ridge of high pressure will remain over the
offshore waters off Bowie. Under this pattern, strong to gale force
northwesterly winds will prevail over most southern waters.
Gale force northwesterlies off west coast Vancouver Island,
southeastern half of Explorer and through Johnstone Strait will
continue through Saturday. Strong to marginal gale force
northwesterlies in the Southern Strait of Georgia will ease to strong
after midnight. Strong to marginal gale force westerly winds through
Juan de Fuca Strait will ease to moderate tonight then rise to
marginal gales again Saturday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: