West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 31 July 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then becoming northwesterly 5 to 15 Saturday evening.
Rain ending early this evening. Chance of showers Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 31 July 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening frontal system located over
the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 PM PDT 31 July 2015 A ridge of high pressure strengthening along the Central Coast
Will give northwest gales through Johnstone Strait tonight and a
similar rise to westerly gales in Juan de Fuca Strait Saturday night.
Marginal northwest gales will also develop off Vancouver Island
northwest of Estevan Point late this afternoon and again between
The Brooks and Estevan Point late Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: