West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 October 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 early this morning.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 26 October 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 October 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening low 996 mb located over central
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating low 999 mb located over
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 996 mb located 1000 miles southwest of
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today low 996 mb located near Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:02 AM PDT 26 October 2016 A 996 MB low over Bowie will track slowly northward and dissipate
over Northwestern Bowie this evening. A second 996 MB low will
approach Southern Explorer this afternoon.
Gales over northern sections will ease this morning. The second low
will bring southeast gales near Southern Vancouver Island this
afternoon and and to the inner straits tonight.
Gale force outflow in Howe Sound will ease this morning but remain
strong through today and tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: