West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 August 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots backing to southerly 10 to 20 Thursday afternoon then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Thursday evening.
Chance of showers changing to periods of rain early Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 August 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening low 1007 mb located over
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating low 1011 mb located over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over the Gulf
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over eastern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:33 PM PDT 23 August 2017 Strong to gale force westerly winds in Juan de Fuca Strait this
evening will continue overnight. Winds will ease to moderate
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: