West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 July 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 near noon Saturday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 July 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 July 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight warm front located over Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PDT Saturday warm front located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 22 July 2016 A ridge of high pressure over southern offshore waters will continue
to give gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait
tonight. The winds will ease overnight.
A warm front over Bowie will move to west coast Haida Gwaii Saturday
morning. Ahead of the front, marginal gale force southerly winds
Will develop over parts of northern waters tonight through Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: