West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 14 February 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to west 20 to 30 this evening and to west 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light early Monday morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 late Monday morning. Wind increasing to east 20 to 30 Monday afternoon.
Rain beginning Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 14 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 14 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 991 mb located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line east-west
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PST 14 February 2016 A low pressure system will track across Northern Bowie today
Then the Alaskan Panhandle by the evening. Ahead of the low, gale
force southerlies will develop over central and northern waters early
Sunday morning and shift to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: