West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 August 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 25 knots backing to southeast 30 late this afternoon then diminishing to southwesterly 10 to 20 after midnight. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain. Fog patches dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 August 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday cold front located over western Haida
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:10 AM PDT 21 August 2017 A frontal system will approach the northern waters today and the
associated cold front will reach Haida Gwaii tonight. Moderate to
strong southwesterlies over most northern and central waters will
back to strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of this system.
Winds will shift to moderate to strong westerlies behind the cold
front on Tuesday.
An approaching low over the Gulf of Alaska will bring strong to gale
force southerlies to Bowie late Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: