West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 August 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to westerly 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to south 30 Sunday morning then veering to west 25 Sunday afternoon.
Chance of showers today and this evening. Rain Sunday morning and afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 August 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 990 mb located off Oregon.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT today weakening low located off Tofino.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today approaching cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:31 AM PDT 29 August 2015 A frontal system over Hecate Strait this morning will dissipate once
it reaches northern vanocuver island this afternoon.
Strong to gale force southerly winds near Northern Vancouver Island
and central waters will persist for a few hours this morning.
A 990 MB low off the Oregon coast early this morning will move
towards Southwestern Vancouver island by mid - morning before moving
into the interior and dissipating this afternoon. Strong to gale
force southeasterlies will develop this morning over south
Coast waters. Behind the low strong to gale force south to southwest
winds will continue this afternoon and into early this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: