West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 24 November 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northerly 20 knots becoming northerly 10 to 20 late overnight then veering to easterly 5 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind veering to southeast 20 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 November 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today trough located from Vancouver Island to
the North Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening trough located from Vancouver
Island to the North Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
At 10:30 a.m. PST today building ridge located off Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday ridge located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:34 AM PST 24 November 2015 A strong Arctic outflow pattern will continue today and tonight as a
ridge remains over the BC Interior and a trough of low pressure
remains anchored along the coast.
Northerly gale force outflows through northern and central coastal
inlets and Howe Sound will continue today before easing over most
areas Wednesday morning.
Gale force northerlies through the Northern Strait of Georgia, Haro
Strait and Juan de Fuca east entrance will develop today. These winds
will ease below gales by this evening for the Northern Strait of
Georgia but continue into the late overnight hours for the remaining
A stronger plume of gale to storm force northerly winds will continue
today from Queen Charlotte Sound southwards off Northwestern
Vancouver island and into Explorer before easing tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: