West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 July 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 late this afternoon then becoming variable 5 to 15 overnight. Wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 July 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located from Explorer to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 22 July 2017 A north-south frontal system over Cape Scott this morning will move
over the mainland coast later this morning. Southeast gales ahead of
the front will shift to moderate to strong southwest in the wake of
A ridge of high pressure will build over Queen Charlotte Sound
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: