West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 10:30 AM PST 26 February 2017
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 25 to 35 knots except north 15 to 25 over northern sections. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 Monday morning then diminishing to light Monday evening.
A few showers beginning this evening and ending Monday morning.
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 10:30 AM PST 26 February 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 26 February 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary high 1045 mb located at
At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary trough from low located
from the Washington Coast to the North Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PST 26 February 2017 A 1045 millibar high will remain well outside the offshore waters. A
1004 millibar low near the west entrance of Juan de Fuca Strait will
move southward towards Astoria today, with a trough extending
northwestward from the low remaining stationary along the BC coast.
A ridge of high pressure will persist over the B.C. Interior but
Will gradually weaken.
Widespread northerly gales over most northern waters and over most
waters off the west coast of Vancouver Island will gradually ease
today to below gale force over most areas. In addition, strong to
gale force northeast outflow winds through the northern and central
mainland inlets will ease to moderate to strong this afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: