West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 30 August 2015
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 August 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located over northern Vancouver
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Monday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:34 PM PDT 30 August 2015 A cold front over Northern Vancouver Island this evening will
Move slowly southward tonight and Monday reaching the Victoria
Area Monday evening.
Strong to gale force southeast to southwest winds to 35 knots ahead
of the front will ease slowly tonight as the front weakens slightly.
Strong to gale force westerlies will continue over northern waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: