West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 PM PST 27 February 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots except northeast 35 near Cape St. James. Wind becoming north 15 late this evening then increasing to northwest 20 to 30 Saturday afternoon.
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 4:00 PM PST 27 February 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 27 February 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over northern BC interior.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over BC interior.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing low located over the Washington
At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM PST 27 February 2015 A ridge of high pressure over the B.C. Interior is producing strong
to gale force northeasterly outflow winds through the coastal
mainland inlets. Outflow winds through Howe Sound and the Fraser
Valley will also strengthen to gale force later this evening.
A low pressure system over the Washington coast will continue to
drift southward tonight. To the north of the low, a band of gale
force northeasterly winds has developed over the central waters and
Explorer. These winds will gradually diminish tonight as the low
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: