West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 AM PST 21 December 2014
Today Tonight and Monday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to southwest 25 to 35 early this afternoon then diminishing to west 15 near midnight. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 Monday morning then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 Monday evening.
A few showers ending near midnight.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 04:00 AM PST 21 December 2014
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 21 December 2014 Today Tonight and Monday At 1:00 p.m. PST today trough located over the offshore waters.
By 11:00 p.m. PST tonight trough located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday ridge located over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Monday deepening low located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 21 December 2014 A trough of low pressure will reach the offshore waters on this
afternoon and approach Haida Gwaii late Sunday evening. Moderate to
strong southwest winds will rise to strong to gale force southwest
this afternoon ahead of second trough of low pressure.
A ridge of high pressure will bring light winds to southern waters on
Monday, while an approaching low will give gale to storm force winds
to the offshore waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: