West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 25 near midnight then backing to north 10 to 20 Saturday morning. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 9 December 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 990 mb located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low 993 mb located over northern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 9 December 2016 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the British
Columbia Interior today through Saturday. Gale force outflow
Winds are expected through mainland inlets through Saturday. Cold
temperatures from the Arctic outflow winds will give a risk of
moderate freezing spray near Northern Mainland inlets.
A weakening frontal system over Haida Gwaii is giving gale
Force easterlies to northern and central waters today. A low pressure
centre associated with this system will move over Northern Explorer
by this afternoon with gale force southwesterly
Winds over Explorer.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: