West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 April 2015
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 20 Monday afternoon then increasing to southeast 40 early Monday evening.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 April 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary low 985 mb located over
the northern Gulf of Alaska.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Monday deepening low 987 mb located over
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 980 mb located over northern Haida
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Monday intensifying trough from low located over
northern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 26 April 2015 A 985 millibar low in the Northern Gulf of Alaska will weaken slowly
tonight and Monday. A second low will deepen rapidly as it moves
northward through the central offshore waters Monday night. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low will reach storm force
Monday night over most central and northern waters as the low
approaches. Winds will shift rapidly to gale to storm force westerly
in its wake by Tuesday morning. Winds will remain moderate to strong
over the far south.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: