West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 November 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to south 5 to 10 this morning then increasing to northwest 10 to 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light Sunday evening.
Rain changing to a few showers early this morning and ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 November 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By midnight PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 1004 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low 999 mb located near Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PST 18 November 2017 A low pressure system will develop west of Explorer this morning and
move northeastward to lie near the southern tip of Haida Gwaii late
this afternoon. An associated frontal system on a northeast to
southwest line through Northern Queen Charlotte Sound will move
slowly southwards to lie through Northern Vancouver Island by
midnight. Gale force southerly winds ahead of the front will locally
rise to storm force this afternoon near Northern Vancouver Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: