West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 09:30 PM PST 09 February 2016
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming south 20 to 30 near midnight then increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early Wednesday morning. Wind veering to southwest 25 to 35 early Wednesday afternoon then backing to southeast 25 to 35 early Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain ending early Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 9:30 PM PST 09 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 9 February 2016 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 970 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday low 970 mb located over the Gulf
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday low 980 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday low 978 mb located west of Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 9 February 2016 A 970 millibar low will track west of Bowie tonight. Gale force
easterly or southeasterly winds over the northern and central waters
will ease tonight as the low moves away. Southeast gales will
redevelop over most waters Wednesday morning as another low tracks
west of the offshore waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: