West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 09:30 PM PST 08 December 2016
Tonight and Friday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind east 30 to 35 knots except east 40 to 50 over southern sections overnight and Friday morning. Wind becoming east 25 to 35 late Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 9:30 PM PST 08 December 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 8 December 2016 Tonight and Friday At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight deepening frontal system located over
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located over western Queen
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight intensifying low 992 mb located west of
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 988 mb located over northwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 8 December 2016 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the British
Columbia Interior tonight through Friday. Gale to storm force outflow
winds are expected through mainland inlets. Cold temperatures from
the Arctic outflow winds will give a risk of moderate freezing spray
near most mainland inlets.
A strong frontal system west of the offshore waters is moving over
Explorer tonight. Gale to storm force easterlies and southeasterlies
ahead of the system will spread to south and central waters. The low
associated with this frontal system will move into Northwestern
Explorer by Friday morning. Gale to storm force southwesterlies can
be expected near the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: