West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 March 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this morning then diminishing to southwest 25 late this afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 Sunday afternoon.
Rain beginning early this morning changing to a few showers this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 04:00 AM PDT 28 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the South Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 AM PDT 28 March 2015 An approaching frontal system over Bowie will reach the Central Coast
this afternoon. Gale force southerlies over the offshore waters will
spread to northern and central waters today and rise to gale to storm
force. In the wake of the system, strong to gale force
southwesterlies will continue tonight and ease to moderate to strong
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: