West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 AM PST 27 December 2014
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to northwest 25 to 35 early this evening then becoming north 25 after midnight. Wind increasing to east 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Showers ending this morning.
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 04:00 AM PST 27 December 2014
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 27 December 2014 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 1010 mb located over Hecate Strait.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight departing low 1015 mb located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over western Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday building ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PST 27 December 2014 A low pressure centre over Hecate Strait will slide down the BC coast
today and reach the Lower Mainland this evening. In its wake, gale
force northwesterlies over northern waters will spread southward
later today and tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: