West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 31 May 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southerly 20 this afternoon then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Wednesday evening.
Rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 10:30 AM PDT 31 May 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 31 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over western
By 3:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating frontal system located over
At 2:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located off the offshore
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PDT 31 May 2016 A frontal system moving through the northern waters today is giving
marginal gale force southeast winds to the northern offshore waters.
This system will weaken late this afternoon.
The next frontal system will move into the offshore waters tomorrow
afternoon and eventually spread marginal gale force winds to the
central waters by late evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: