West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 August 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots tonight and Friday.
A few showers.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 17 August 2017
Today Tonight and Friday. Seas 2 to 3 metres.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 18 August 2017
Sunday Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 in the morning.
Monday Wind southerly 20 to 30 knots.
Tuesday Wind southerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 18 August 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 5:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PDT 18 August 2017 A ridge of high pressure offshore extending northeast to southwest
will build through Explorer tonight and extend through the central
waters Saturday morning.
Moderate to strong northwest winds will prevail for most of the South
Coast except for strong to marginal gale force westerlies that are
expected through Juan de Fuca Strait tonight.
North of the ridge, strong west or southwesterly winds will
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: