Prince of Wales
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 27 August 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 late Friday morning then becoming west 15 Friday evening.
Chance of showers changing to periods of rain after midnight. Fog forming Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 August 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice Edge7040N 14100W to 7030N 13925W to 7120N 12705W to 7200N 12545W
First ice edge estimated from 7040N 14100W to 7030N 13925W to 7120N
12705W to Banks Island near 7200N 12545W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7120N 12205W to
7110N 12025W to Victoria Island near 7140N 11855W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10255W to
6825N 10155W to King William Island near 6850N 9910W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
1 tenth of old ice except 9 tenths of old ice on parts of Banks
Island coast. Strong ice pressure on parts of Banks Island coast
easing Friday afternoon.
Warnings (In effect)
Prince of WalesIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 August 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 27 August 2015 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday ridge from 1020 mb high located from 79N 77W
to 69N 100W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday ridge from 1019 mb high located from 81N 88W
to 70N 92W.
At 0000 UTC Friday trough from low located from 66N 77W to 69N 86W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday trough from low located from 67N 77W to
At 0000 UTC Saturday trough from 993 mb low located from 67N 113W
to 77N 140W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: