Prince of Wales
Issued 05:30 AM EDT 21 July 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots early this morning then veering to north 20 early this evening. Wind backing to northwest 15 Saturday morning then diminishing to light Saturday afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 15 Saturday evening.
A few showers ending after midnight. Chance of showers beginning Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 July 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 July 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday trough from 995 mb low located from 80N 120W
to 68N 130W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 995 mb low located from 75N 95W to
At 0000 UTC Sunday approaching trough from 985 mb low located from
76N 148W to 68N 135W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: