Issued 05:30 AM EDT 21 August 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind north 15 knots except light over western sections. Wind diminishing to light this afternoon then becoming northeast 15 this evening. Wind veering to southeast 15 Tuesday morning then diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon.
Chance of drizzle today. Risk of freezing drizzle early this morning. Chance of showers beginning Tuesday evening. Fog patches dissipating this afternoon. Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating near noon Tuesday.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 August 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7025N 14100W to 7130N 12750W to Banks
Island near 7155N 12555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7125N 12100W to
7115N 11955W to Victoria Island near 7150N 11905W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6900N 10150W to
6835N 10020W to King William Island near 6855N 9920W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6900N 9550W
to Boothia Peninsula near 6935N 9450W. Sea ice northwest of the ice
8 tenths of old ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 20 August 2017 Tonight and Monday At 0000 UTC Monday trough from 993 mb low located from 67N 120W
to 78N 120W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday dissipating trough from 1010 mb low located
from 67N 115W to 75N 110W.
At 0000 UTC Monday high 1016 mb located at 74N 142W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday high 1022 mb located at 75N 132W.
At 0000 UTC Monday trough from low located from 88N 118W to
By 0600 UTC Monday departing trough located from 88N 49W to
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: