Issued 05:30 AM EDT 26 September 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to southwest 20 late this afternoon then increasing to northwest 30 near midnight. Wind diminishing to west 20 Wednesday morning and to west 15 Wednesday afternoon.
A few flurries late this afternoon tonight and Wednesday late in the day. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray overnight and Wednesday morning.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 September 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7100N 14100W to 7035N 13900W to 7205N
12805W to Banks Island near 7420N 12440W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7150N 12025W to
Victoria Island near 7155N 11900W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10350W to
6820N 10135W to King William Island near 6855N 9925W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6915N 9600W
to Boothia Peninsula near 6950N 9600W. Sea ice northwest of the ice
1 tenth of old ice except 8 tenths of old ice in the northwestern
Warnings (In effect)
Prince AlfredIssued 05:30 AM EDT 26 September 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 25 September 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday building low 999 mb located at 80N 155W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 1002 mb located at 81N 128W.
At 1200 UTC Monday building high 1022 mb located over northern
By 1600 UTC Tuesday departing high 1026 mb located at 67N 120W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: