Issued 05:30 AM EDT 21 July 2017
Forecasts have not yet started for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 July 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
9 tenths of old ice. 5 tenths of first-year ice including 1 tenth of
old ice near the shore.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 July 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday departing high 1018 mb located over Arctic
Coast of Alaska.
At 1200 UTC Friday deepening trough from 999 mb low located from
75N 170W to 67N 178W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 985 mb low located from 76N 148W
to 68N 135W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: