Issued 07:00 AM MDT 20 July 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots this evening with gusts to 20. Wind northwest 15 with gusts to 20 Friday.
A few showers beginning near noon changing to chance of showers tonight and Friday morning. Fog patches dissipating this afternoon.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 July 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 8 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in northern and central sections.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 20 July 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday building high 1012 mb located at 79N 168W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday high 1018 mb located over Arctic Coast
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing low 1004 mb located at 70N 136W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: