Issued 05:30 AM EDT 23 August 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind south 25 knots diminishing to south 15 this afternoon then becoming northwest 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to north 25 late this evening then diminishing to light Wednesday morning. Wind becoming northwest 15 Wednesday afternoon.
A few showers ending near midnight.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 August 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Meta Incognita Peninsula near 6200N
6600W to 6210N 6355W to 6525N 6110W to Cumberland Peninsula near
6600N 6200W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cumberland Peninsula near 6635N 6120W
to 6720N 5955W to 7125N 6355W to 7150N 6655W to Baffin Island near
7110N 7045W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7350N 8615W to
Cornwallis Island near 7440N 9435W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7530N 9405W to
7540N 9310W to Devon Island near 7615N 9255W. Sea ice west of the
Fifth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7545N 8110W to 7525N
7815W to 7645N 7440W to 7650N 7305W then northeastward. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 23 August 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday dissipating low 1001 mb located at 77N 115W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday weakening ridge located from 68N 102W to
At 1200 UTC Tuesday high 1025 mb located at 72N 137W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1030 mb high located over 73N 128W
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: