Issued 05:30 PM EDT 30 August 2016
Forecasts have not yet started for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 August 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6400N 6440W to
6440N 6240W to 6540N 6145W to Cumberland Peninsula near 6545N 6220W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7350N 8600W to
Devon Island near 7430N 8730W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7540N 8500W to
Ellesmere Island near 7620N 8645W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Ellesmere Island near 7805N 7540W to
Greenland near 7820N 7250W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 30 August 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge from 1038 mb high located from 77N 169W
to 73N 140W then to 72N 124W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1034 mb high located from 75N 169W
to 71N 126W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: