Issued 05:30 AM EDT 02 September 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southeast 20 knots diminishing to southeast 15 early this morning and to light after midnight.
Fog dissipating near noon.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 1 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 September 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Meta Incognita Peninsula near 6240N
6645W to Hall Peninsula near 6300N 6615W sea ice northwest of the
Second ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6400N 6440W to
6335N 6055W to 6555N 6055W to 6605N 5915W to 6705N 5750W then
northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from 6950N 6100W to 7025N 6515W to 7135N
6450W to 7155N 7005W to Baffin Island near 7145N 7335W. Sea ice
south and west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from 7355N 9610W to 7415N 9425W to 7450N
9300W to 7545N 9340W to 7550N 9630W to Devon Island near 7620N
9525W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Devon Island 7455N 7920W to 7525N
7815W to 7545N 7355W then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice
3 tenths of old ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 2 September 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday dissipating trough located from 77N 140W to
At 1200 UTC Wednesday ridge from 1025 mb high located from 71N
152W to 82N 160W.
By 2330 UTC Thursday ridge from 1023 mb high located from 72N 123W
to 74N 141W then to 87N 138W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: