Issued 05:30 AM EDT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 20 knots backing to east 10 to 15 early this evening then increasing to east 15 to 20 Thursday morning.
Chance of drizzle changing to a few showers Thursday morning. Fog patches.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 August 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6225N 6430W to
6210N 6200W to 6545N 5740W to 6700N 5720W to 6840N 5845W to 7115N
6615W to Baffin Island near 7120N 7115W. Sea ice west of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7245N 7735W to
Bylot Island near 7255N 7740W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7315N 7635W to 7345N
7550W to 7410N 8010W to Devon Island near 7435N 8040W. Sea ice
southwest of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7440N 8010W to
7430N 7610W to 7540N 7640W to 7615N 7430W and then northeastward.
Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 22 August 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday trough from 1002 mb low located from 69N
159W to 65N 128W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough from 1003 mb low located from 66N 159W
to 67N 126W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge from 1020 mb high located over 78N
111W extending northwestward.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 78N 168W to 80N 120W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: