Issued 05:30 PM EDT 04 August 2015
Forecasts have not yet started for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 August 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6205N 6550W to
6215N 6230W to 6300N 6000W to 6425N 5750W then northeastward. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7430N 7155W to 7415N 7225W to 7420N
7810W to 7630N 7450W then eastward. Sea ice west and south of the
5 tenths of old ice except ice covered in the northern half.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 4 August 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday weakening trough from 998 mb low located
from 80N 124W to 72N 108W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 1001 mb located at 79N 113W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday deepening low 1005 mb located at 74N 108W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough from 994 mb low located from 84N 85W
to 72N 72W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday building ridge located over Arctic Coast
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: