Issued 05:30 PM EDT 25 September 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 September 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7335N 8115W to
Bylot Island near 7335N 8055W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7305N 7615W to
7320N 7435W to 7430N 7545W to 7545N 7355W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 25 September 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday low 999 mb located at 71N 126W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 999 mb located at 74N 106W.
At 1200 UTC Monday departing high 1021 mb located at 66N 92W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: