Issued 07:00 AM MDT 21 October 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 early this evening then diminishing to southeast 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 20 Saturday evening.
Chance of flurries. Fog patches dissipating late this morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning this afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 October 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 6 tenths of new ice along the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
MaudIssued 07:00 AM MDT 21 October 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 October 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday low 1002 mb located at 70N 63W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday dissipating low 1013 mb located at 63N 51W.
At 1200 UTC Friday ridge from 1021 mb high located from 70N 93W
to 68N 123W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday high 1036 mb located from 71N 82W to 68N 110W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: