Issued 07:00 AM MDT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots this afternoon and to southeast 15 to 20 near noon Thursday.
Chance of showers today and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7040N 14100W to 7115N 12900W to Banks
Island near 7200N 12555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7115N 12230W to
7100N 12050W to Victoria Island near 7140N 11900W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6900N 10150W to
6835N 10020W to King William Island near 6855N 9920W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6900N 9550W
to Boothia Peninsula near 6935N 9450W. Sea ice northwest of the ice
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday trough located from 65N 126W to 74N 72W.
By 0000 UTC Friday weakening trough from 997 mb low located from
66N 122W to 70N 73W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday ridge from 1021 mb high located over 60N
98W extending northward.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge from 1022 mb high located over 57N 86W
At 1200 UTC Wednesday dissipating high 1015 mb located at 78N 104W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: