Issued 07:00 AM MDT 13 October 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to north 15 early Wednesday morning. Wind backing to northwest 20 Wednesday afternoon then increasing to northwest 25 Wednesday evening.
Periods of snow changing to chance of flurries tonight and Wednesday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 October 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 3 tenths of new ice along parts of the coasts.
Warnings (In effect)
MaudIssued 08:37 AM MDT 13 October 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 13 October 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 79N 140W to 69N 107W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday dissipating ridge located from 78N 140W to
At 1200 UTC Tuesday deepening low 994 mb located at 68N 178W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 981 mb located at 70N 64W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: