Issued 07:00 PM MDT 03 August 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 20 knots diminishing to west 15 this evening then increasing to southwest 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 35 early Tuesday morning then diminishing to northwest 30 near noon Tuesday. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 early Tuesday evening and to light late Tuesday evening.
A few showers ending early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 August 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 4 tenths of old ice in the northern section.
Warnings (In effect)
MackenzieIssued 7:16 PM MDT 03 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:50 PM MDT 3 August 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday trough from 1001 mb low located from 78N 124W
to 71N 122W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday trough from 997 mb low located from 80N 122W
to 76N 92W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday cold front from 1004 mb low located from 73N
158W to 72N 175W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday cold front from 1002 mb low located from
73N 142W to 79N 140W then to 70N 143W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday building ridge located over Arctic Coast
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: